Utility Scale Solar Summit 2017
Date(s) - 14/11/2017 - 15/11/2017
ABOUT UTILITY SCALE SOLAR SUMMIT 2017
The Middle East and Levant region returns with critical infrastructure being a priority for large economies who have massive requirements to deliver projects driven by population growth and need to diversify their economies.
Utility scale projects in the region are coming into fruition with Jordan, Saudi and Egypt heading towards second and even third rounds. Lebanon’s first round is a pivotal moment for the solar industry and provides the sector a boost of confidence in the region.
Lebanon does not lack experience in delivering commercial-scale solar installation, however in 2017 utility scale 150MW opportunities will be the game-changer. The recently updated National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP 2016-2020) provides clear guidelines for delivering targets and given the high potential for development of the Solar PV plants the opportunity has been ear-marked to be as large as 1000MW.
The Utility Scale Solar Summit is the pivotal place for Middle Eastern, European and North Africa utilities to further develop new relationships to win business.
The strategic programme will be led by utility solar companies from the region, international EPCs, O&Ms from the international community. Experts showcasing their products will experience tailored sessions that focus on business development and knowledge sharing of the latest industry trends.
Maximise the Power of Your Brand and Stand out from the Crowd
Becoming a partner of Utility Scale Solar Summit, as one of our exclusive sponsors, will ensure that your company’s name stands out from the crowd and is recognised through our extensive marketing and branding opportunities, enabling you to capture the attention of core decision makers who influence the growth and development of the stormwater and drainage networks industry and generate quality relationships for your organisation in this rapidly developing country.
Utility Scale Solar Summit is the perfect platform for you to:
- Expand your network of contacts and potential clients
- Build brand credibility
- Generate new leads and build quality new business relationships
- Position your brand as a thought leader
- Demonstrate your commitment to the local market
- Gain a competitive edge
- Interact with major industry players and engage key decision makers
- Launch new products and services
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE SOLAR TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY
- The Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation (LCEC) estimates the renewable energy market size to be between USD 300 to USD 400 Million in 2016 alone.
- In January 2017, the Ministry of Energy and Water launched a call for Expression of Interest (EOI) to build Solar Photovoltaic (PV) farms in Lebanon as part of the National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP 2016 – 2020). The objective is to be nationally producing 767 ktoe of renewable energy in 2020, and given the high potential of development for solar PV farms in Lebanon, the NREAP targets 150 MW of PV farms installations.
- The implementation of the second National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (NEEAP 2016 – 2020) will require between USD 600 and 950 Million, and will include 26 initiatives.
- Lebanon plans to bulk up on renewable-energy assets beyond just rooftop solar in a move that could wean reliance on fossil fuels and avoid blackouts.
- Renewable energy in 2020 will represent 12 percent of the country’s total electricity production and this will lead to a drop in the oil bill.
- The strategy plan distributed by LCEC and the ministry during the launching of the National Renewable Energy Action Plan 2016-2020, suggests that renewable energy technologies will supply extra hours of electricity in Lebanon. The total would add up to more than 640 hours by 2020.
- Understand the National Renewable Energy Action Plan of Lebanon
- Understand the status of solar and wind in the region, emphasising strengths and benefits
- Discuss plans, regulatory updates procurement models, and construction strategies to deliver solar and wind projects
- Explore different solar and wind solutions to implement renewable energy production
- Showcase the latest advancements in solar and wind technologies
For more information visit: utilityscalesolarsummit.com