FUTURE LANDSCAPE & PUBLIC REALM KSA CONFERENCE 2017
Date(s) - 25/04/2017 - 26/04/2017
Movenpick Hotel Riyadh, KSA
About the Conference:
Future Landscape & Public Realm KSA 2017 will provide a platform for government project owners, planners and policy makers to interact with developers, landscape designers, urban planners, contractors and solution providers to address challenges and identify opportunities for improvement in KSA’s public realm. Project insight and planned investment will be presented to highlight opportunities for cooperation, innovation, technology and best practice.
Project figures and industry spend
- The Riyadh Metro: The project includes 6 main metro lines and 85 stations. US$ 22.5 billion will be invested to complete this project. It is scheduled to start operation in 2018. This project requires landscaping and public realm investment in and around the stations.
- King Abdullah Economic City: The project is located in Rabigh near the red sea. This mega project will span 168 million sqm and US$ 27 billion will be invested by Emaar – The Economic City. This project is under construction with a completion date of 2020 This mega project requires street-scaping, landscaping, hardscaping and water feature investment.
- Jeddah Tower: This skyscraper has a budget of US$1.23 billion (SR4.6 billion), the first phase of US$ 20 billion (SR75 billion) is currently under construction. This project will form a part of the Jeddah Economic City. Kingdom Holding Company is the project owner and developer. This project has requirements for street-scaping, landscaping and water features around its public areas.
- Mayasem – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: This project is located in Obhur Creek and covers 160-hectares. This project is developed by Shamayel and is a mixed use development combining excellence in urban planning and architectural design. Landscaping investment is an essential part of this project achieving its lifestyle and high-quality standards.
Excellent Opportunities in the Landscaping Sector:
- More than 80 megaprojects, each worth at least $1 billion, are underway or planned for completion by 2030 in Saudi Arabia making it the Middle East’s largest construction and build market by a huge margin.
- Riyadh Metro to complete its SR85 billion ($22.5 billion) metro system within three years
- Riyadh Municipality revealed that the number of current standing projects in the region has reached 141 projects, with a total estimated value of SR7.47 billion
- Riyadh Walk Project is valued at $320 million and will be covering an area of 137,000sqm with a 650m façade
- The number of roads, bridges and tunnels projects in Riyadh has reached 80 with a total value that exceeds SR5 billion
- 17 Municipal facilities projects in Riyadh are valued at SR1.45 billion
- 31 parks, footpaths and municipal yards projects are being built, they are valued at more than SR900 million
- Riyadh Municipality started 13 lighting projects valued at SR190 million
- The High Commission for the Development of Arriyadh gave priority to preserve and rehabilitate Wadi Hanifah (Hanifah Valley) due to its strategic location
- Wadi Hanifah Environmental Rehabilitation Project comprised the establishment of six open parks:
- Elab Dam Park: The park has 5.5 kilometers of pedestrian walkways and 93 rest areas
- Wadi Hanifah Dam Park: The park has 27 rest areas, and a 5.6-kilometer walkway
- Bioremediation Facility Park, Utaiqah: The park has 52 rest areas and 1100 meters of walkways
- Al-Sadd Al-Hajari Dam Park: The lake dam is two meters deep and covers an area of 10,000 m2 approximately. The dam is surrounded by 4.5 kilometers of paved pedestrian walkways, and seats for the picnickers around the lake
- Factories’ Lake Park: The park has four kilometers of pedestrian walkways and 22 seating areas serving holidaymakers and picnickers, while the lake itself covers 40,000 m2 at 10 meters deep
- Al-Jaz’ah Lake Park: The park has 5.5 kilometers of pedestrian walkways and 37 seating areas, and the lake covers 35,000 m2 at three meters deep
- The Kingdom Tower, Jeddah will be the world’s tallest building at more than 1km high once completed in 2019 and estimated to cost $1.23 billion
- King Abdullah Economic City in Rabigh, located off the Red Sea north of Jeddah across 168 million sqm and the project is valued at $27 billion
- The Knowledge Economic City in Madinah is a $7 billion project across 4.8million sqm
- King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, Security Forces Medical Complexes are estimated at $6.7bn
- Jubail II industrial project is getting an $80 billion expansion
- Mayasem is a 160-hectare project located in Obhur, Saudi Arabia. It combines intelligent urban planning and stunning architecture
Reasons to Attend:
- NETWORK with Saudi’s key decision makers and landscape designers
- UNDERSTAND the importance of early project collaboration in developing a fully functional and sustainable public realm
- HEAR updates from Saudi’s leading developers and landscape consultants on the project’s shaping the future of Riyadh public realm
- GAIN competitive advantage in KSA’s landscape market by showcasing your solution to buyers
For more information visit: futurelandscapeksa.com