Africa Renewable Energy Leaders Summit 2017
Date(s) - 04/04/2017 - 05/04/2017
Intercontinental Nairobi, Kenya
About the event:
ARELS is a networking community for the East Africa Renewable Energy professionals. It provides a unique platform for policy makers, governmental organisations, investors and technology leaders to advance the renewable energy market in East Africa. In 2015 world leaders pledged billions of dollars to finance green energy projects in Africa at the Paris Climate Conference, where United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said the continent had “an enormous stake in the success of the global event”. Having reached an agreement to attempt to limit the rise of global temperatures to less than 2⁰C, African leaders must now make crucial decisions on how and where to invest in renewables infrastructure projects that both scalable and sustainable.
Under the patronage of Hon. Charles Keter, Cabinet Secretary of the Ministry of Energy in Kenya, the Africa Renewable Energy Leaders’ Summit will bring over 200 experts and representatives together from government, private sector, international development agencies, non-governmental organisations, think tanks, and academia, to discuss the current green energy policy framework on East Africa and create a vision for the future of the sector that is rooted in strong economic growth and the Paris Agreement. Ministers from Ethiopia, Burundi, South Sudan, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, as well as hosts Kenya are due to attend, with 30 senior government and private sector experts set to share insights on the latest projects, industry trends, and opportunities in East Africa. The Summit is brought to you by dmg events, organisers of the Global Solar Leaders’ Summit at Dubai World Trade Centre, as well as the largest oil and gas event in the world and the largest gathering of construction professionals in the region.
Who will attend:
Network with the most influential minds in the renewable energy industry in East Africa. Your gateway to stand out among your competitors is to meet East Africa’s:
- PRIVATE SECTOR
- INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCIES
- NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS
- THINK TANKS
- PROJECT FINANCIERS
ARELS is a summit that promises a lively debate, a clear business-relevant focus and a high degree of interaction. The summit has been designed to ensure ample opportunity for one to one meetings and networking, alongside thought provoking discussions to explore and nurture the new renewable energy partnerships and opportunities arising in East Africa.
Under the patronage of Hon. Charles Keter, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy in Kenya, ARELS will bring over 200 experts and representatives together to discuss the current green energy policy framework on East Africa
- Discover 100+ renewable energy projects across East Africa at our comprehensive Africa Renewable Energy Summit Programme
- Gain on-the-ground insight into East Africa’s energy policies, opportunities and challenges directly from regulators, policy makers, and fund managers at the top-level.
- Network with over 200 qualified global investors and partners in control of $5 billion USD – all looking for clean energy opportunities on the continent
- Meet face-to-face with high-profile East African energy ministers, and government agencies from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, and Rwanda
- Do business with all stakeholders, such as investors, operators, developers, consultants, financiers, governments and project owners
- Build relationships and forge business-to-business and business-to-government partnerships
For moe information visit: africarenewablesummit.com